By Erik Westra
Create your individual refined functions to investigate and show geospatial details utilizing QGIS and Python
About This Book
- Make use of the geospatial functions of QGIS inside of your Python programs
- Build entire standalone mapping functions according to QGIS and Python
- Use QGIS as a Python geospatial improvement environment
Who This publication Is For
If you're an skilled Python developer who desires to create your individual geospatial functions with minimal fuss, this can be the booklet for you. whereas a few familiarity with mapping purposes will be a bonus, no earlier wisdom of geospatial ideas is needed. no matter if you have got by no means used QGIS sooner than, this publication will speedy get you as much as speed.
What you are going to Learn
- Use the Python Console to discover and keep watch over QGIS
- Perform geospatial improvement initiatives utilizing the PyQGIS Python library
- Create beneficial geospatial functions applied as QGIS Python plugins
- Use QGIS as a standalone geoprocessing library inside of your Python programs
- Build complicated interactive map-based GUIs inside your personal Python programs
- Understand how Python scripting can be utilized to customise the QGIS system
- Utilize the genuine capability of Python and QGIS to create your personal whole mapping applications
QGIS is likely one of the finest open resource Geographical details platforms. whereas constructing Python geospatial purposes will be demanding, QGIS simplifies the method by means of combining the required geoprocessing libraries with a worldly consumer interface, all of which are without delay managed utilizing Python code.
Starting with an advent to QGIS and the way to take advantage of the integrated QGIS Python Console, we'll educate you the way to jot down Python code that uses the geospatial services of QGIS. construction in this, you'll finally tips on how to create your individual refined standalone mapping purposes equipped on most sensible of QGIS. you are going to easy methods to use the Python Console as a window into the QGIS programming atmosphere, after which use that surroundings to create your personal Python scripts and plugins to customise QGIS. As your wisdom of the PyQGIS library grows, you'll use it to accomplish quite a few real-world geospatial programming initiatives, culminating within the construction of your individual complicated standalone functions to load, research, and show geospatial data.